This means we can now start planning for FE and HE branches to co-ordinate their action starting on Wednesday 28 February.
- Publicise the London Region March for Education demo on 28th Feb.
- Download the flyer including posters here
- Join and share the Facebook event here.
- Plan strike activities on Feb 28th to focus on UCU Anti Racism day and highlight issues for black workers:
- Make your own banners and placards to raise local Equality issues and link to pay and pensions
- Invite black activists to speak on picket lines
- Organise teach outs, poetry writing, and decolonise the curriculum materials and events
- UCU has anti racism day materials here
- Contact your regional Equality reps and NEC members.
- In London Naina Kent at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come to the FE Strike Committee meeting on Saturday 24th Feb. All striking colleges welcome.
- Skype link up for those branches outside London.
- Time: 10.30 – 12.30, Venue: Room 1 Carlow St. A light lunch will be provided
- Support casualised staff and HPLs
- Organise fundraisers and hardship funds for HPLs and casualised staff.
- Send delegations to the ACC Annual General Meeting on March 9th and strike workshop.
- Contact Regional Equality and Anti Casualisation reps for further ideas
- in London Jessica Jacobs at email@example.com, Amy Jowett at firstname.lastname@example.org, Christina Paine at email@example.com, Elane Heffernan at firstname.lastname@example.org – please note, Elane is unwell and might not be able to reply at once
- Get your local NUS involved. Build support amongst students for the strike.
- See excellent solidarity event by Oxford University Labour students here
- EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE STRIKE IN 2 MIN!
- Staff and students from the University of Warwick answer your questions in this new video!
Read FAQ produced by QMU for lecturers and students here
Come to the weekly USS activists’ meeting called by London Region next one is on Tuesday 20th February. Details to follow. ..
FE BALLOT RESULTS
|College||voting for strike action||% turnout|
|Capital City College Group*||96%||63%|
|United College Group ^||90%||60%|
|New City College~||94%||63%|
|Epping Forest College||100%||56%|
|Sussex Coast College Hastings||85%||66%|
* Capital City College Group comprises of the following colleges: City and Islington College, College of Haringey Enfield and North East London, Westminster Kingsway College
^ United College Group comprises of the following colleges: City of Westminster College, College of North West London
~ New City College comprises of the following colleges: Hackney Community College, Redbridge College, Tower Hamlets College