This week SOAS confirmed plans for up to 150 expected redundancies across its staff. The impact of these cuts will be devastating. Members of SOAS UCU will begin a ballot for industrial action from Monday 17th August, while the SOAS Unison branch has already begun its own strike ballot. They need your support.
SOAS UCU are therefore organising a physically distanced protest on the front steps of SOAS, as part of the Day of Action on Thursday 13 August. Representatives from other UCU branches and trade unions are invited to join us.
- STOP THE JOB CUTS AT SOAS
- JOIN THE PROTEST
- 12.15pm Thursday 13 August
- SOAS front steps, Thornhaugh St, WC1H 0XG
There should also be protests at other institutions facing job cuts.
The protest will be streamed live as part of an online event, on the day that the ‘A’ Level results are to be released. It is vital to
- highlight the role played by the tuition fees system in helping bring about the present funding crisis in Higher Education
- promote UCU’s Fund Our Future campaign in putting forward a positive vision of education for all as a public good.
Solidarity Day of Action Meeting
12:30pm Thursday 13 August
Join the Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 864 4057 1671
One tap mobile +442039017895,,86440571671#,,,,,,0#,,141172#
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
The 4Fights ballot result has demonstrated that UCU members want to continue standing by casualised colleagues, defending fair & equal pay and opposing excessive workloads.
We need to deliver solidarity to those who need it to unite and strengthen our individual struggles.