Join our panel ahead of the UCU Equalities Conference. We will discuss the history and purpose of the Equalities strands, standing members’ committees, and conferences and how they relate to UCU’s NEC. We will have a panel discussion on the key issues for each of the conference strands, and time for Q&A from attendees. The meeting should be useful for first-time Equalities Conference delegates as well as those already engaged in this important work within the union.
The event takes place at 7:30 – 9:00 on Wednesday 2 December and will be chaired by UCU Left Chair, Bee Hughes (LJMU UCU). Register here.
The panel includes:
- Juliana Ojinnaka (Sheffield College UCU)
- Deepa Driver (Reading UCU & USS Negotiator)
- Saira Weiner (LJMU UCU)
- Rhiannon Lockley (Birmingham City UCU)
- Marian Mayer (Bournemouth UCU, National Pay Negotiator)
- Peter Evans (South Thames College, UK FE LGBT+ NEC)
- Elizabeth Lawrence (Yorkshire & Humberside Retired Members)