Decision-making conference called for 24 February 2015.
Following requests from at least 20 HE branch quorate general meetings, a special meeting of the HE sector conference has been convened for Tuesday 24 February. See the calling notice, circular UCU/628, here.
The business of this conference is to debate the campaigns to defend pensions in HE, and to defend the capacity of the UCU to call industrial action short of a strikeaspart of those campaigns.
Branches are entitled to one delegate per 400 members or part thereof. You can find the full list of delegate entitlements here.
Delegates properly appointed by branches can register online here.
Venue & Times
Business will start from 13:00 – 15:30 with a light lunch and registration from 12:15.
Britannia Hotel, Portland Street , Manchester , M1 3LA .
Motions and amendments
The timetable for motions and amendments:
* deadline for motions – 12 noon, Thursday 12 February
* Congress Business Committee meets – Friday 13 February
* delegate registration deadline – Monday 16 February
* motions published to branches – Monday 16 February
* email to delegates – Tuesday 17 February
* amendment deadline – 12 noon, Friday 20 February
* final agenda issued and circulated by email: Monday 23 February (available in hard copy at the conference)
* conference – Tuesday 24 February