Register in advance: https://bit.ly/UniteFights
- Uniting the Fights – Vicky Blake (UCU President)
- The Fight for Safe Campuses – Marian Mayer (Uni of Bournemouth UCU)
- Margot Hill (Croydon College UCU) on Striking Back in FE
- Winning at Liverpool – with Jo McNeill (Uni of Liverpool UCU)
- How to Get the Vote Out – with James Richards (Heriot-Watt Uni UCU)
- Plus reports from Monday’s Special HEC
Last week’s Higher Education Sector Conference voted for an immediate strike ballot in defence of USS pensions and also over the 4Fights, and also for these disputes to be coordinated together.
Our union is now on an emergency campaign footing. With several disputes already taking place over jobs and pay in HE, branches across the four regions must now prepare for strike ballots that bring together pre- and post-92 branches across the HE sector. The same issues are central to disputes across the union. Members in 15 Further Education Colleges are due to begin strike action on 28th September over pay, workloads and redundancies.
We have called this meeting to help provide us with the tools and examples we need to win. Now more than ever, we need to draw together the issues and build solidarity for UCU branches taking action now. Victories in these disputes can only help win the ballots to come over USS and the 4Fights.
- UNITE THE FIGHTS! Solidarity Movement Rally
- 6.00pm Monday 20th September
- Register in advance: https://bit.ly/UniteFights
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Do please share this information with colleagues, and help make Monday’s meeting a success.